knit@nite

nitely knitterly progress

10.29.2006

A Super Hero

He was wearing a red long cape down to his knees, red plateau shoes and tighties (not whities, but red). And he was hitchhiking. I really hoped he wasn't going far, it was pretty cold outside. Oh, and yeah, it was 2 a.m. and I was driving my friend home (not including daylight savings, it's really 2:17 now, but this was an hour ago). I had to call my friend when I got home to tell her, "Did you give him a ride??" I'm here to tell the story aren't I? Yeah, never picked up a hitchhiker in my life. Never ever hitchhiked either. Even though my friends did it in our podunk town we lived in when I grew up. I am S.Q.U.A.R.E. I admit it.

We'd been drinking a good Syrah from McDowell vineyard in Mendocino county, and knitting. Of course.

I love the Jaywalkers, really my favorite sock, even with the itty bitty needles that I'm not used to using for socks. Next time I think I will spend some time writing down my row counts. It's not quite t he same after you knit the whole sock to try to measure and count rows properly. One is really alittle bigger than the other. They're both so covered in dog hair who will really notice??


Finally bought some knitterly metal needles at the LYS. The Store Lady approached me with "we have those in bamboo too". If I wanted bamboo, I would have picked them up, no?! I'm not blind (and no, I wasn't that rude either). Another lady chimed it "yeah, mine break ALL THE TIME TOO"!! I'm done with expensive, fanschy schmanschy ebony Lantern Moon twenty-two-dollar needles. Got the $3.95 version, and they're DIVINE.


Also picked up some Misti Alpaca in a manly Olive to knit a scarf for my friend. He won't read this blog anyway, so I can post progress pictures freely! Will knit the green Manly scarf from Scarf Style. Another trip to JoAnns and the LBS (Local Bead Store) resulted in more beads and wire (26 gauge) for the votive holders from Handknit Holidays. I hope they'll be a hit, I'll be knittin' 'em like cwazy.

Started the pink pretty Lana Grossa #2525 for the Toe Up Experience.

3 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Abigail said...

Lovely pictures of your socks.

I can't believe you left a super hero standing out in the cold! ;)

 
At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you're talking about in your post with the superhero, but the socks are awesome. And how does the Syrah factor into your story?

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger JillyB said...

Cookie, Wine is VITAL to knitting, vital.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home