knit@nite

nitely knitterly progress

7.12.2006

Pomotamus Kicks My Ass

It's just a sock, I figured. Well there's been alot of time spent unraveling. A few things I've learned along the way:
  • The first stitch (either a purl or a KNIT) after the YO ridge I don't twist on the knit side. I kind of started out forgetting to twist that stitch, then slapped myself for it, and started twisting it. Then realizing I didn't like how it looked so different on the knit or purl side, and started to NOT twist it again. No frogging. The socks are just for me. Let's call them a Prototype.
  • Don't forget to move the stitches around on Row 23. Took me 15 minutes on the train and alot of swearing to realize I should read instructions. Really. Maybe that's just me. I hate instructions. And 12 hours at work-work really sucks.
  • Maybe get metal needles. My sz 2 dpns are BENT from all the squishing with an unfamiliar pattern. Hopefully they won't break until the socks are done...
  • Be sure to have enough yarn. I'm hoping and keeping my fingers crossed. I don't know what I did with the #$)*(#)(*#$ label.
~~~


Here's a perfect picture for my yarn-counting sock-knitting-abilities. All of them not finished due to lack of yarn. I suppose they could be ankle socks... If I knew where the half-knitted mates were.
~~~
The twisted knit stitches are so prim and proper and poppy on Pomatomus! I love how neat they look! Socks are such a good in-between project. And they are a good way to work up to making the Knitting Project List. Alot of it needs to be done before going to Sweden (Sep 2nd.) I think the Jaywalkers are next. Even in the summer they're not bad to knit, and they are Wooly. But like Mark Twain said: "The coldest winter I ever spent, was summer in San Francisco".


~~~

I even saw a lady wearing a padded winter coat two days ago. What a crazy bitty I thought, until I stepped off the train. The city is damn cold in the mornings.

~~~
The Poison Oak is going to be with me until the day I die. Maybe the Drs Appointment tomorrow will help kick it. I refuse to take pictures of it. I will never go out in Nature again.

2 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I decided not to read the instructions on Pomatomus either, and had the same problem. I just kept thinking to myself "Many other people have knit these socks. This must be my fault". Unfortunately, I didn't have anything but the chart with me, so I just had to put them away at that point. I was also thinking "Oh God, I can't ask Cookie for help, my pride won't allow it!"

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger OrionJewel said...

Glad to know that I am not the only one getting a good 'arse kicking' with these socks. I missed the bit about transferring stitches as well. Sock #1 is still on my needles and will be for some time I think.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home